In the past nine years we have had some great posters. Here is a small selection of some the best.
Archive for December, 2010
Drop off your recyclables to any Evergreen Recycling location and ask the clerk to donate the proceeds to the Wreckhouse account. Alternatively you can drop your recyclables off to us at our offices at 90 O’Leary Avenue.
All money raised will go towards future projects in education, performances and the operation of Wreckhouse Jazz and Blues.
We would like to thank you all for your support of Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues.
In this festive season there are many things that get us in the Christmas spirit. One of those things is music.
There is a long tradition of Christmas Jazz by a wide array of artists. We have compiled a small list of some of the best regarded Jazz Christmas Songs and albums.
- Ella Fitzgerald – Wishes You A Swinging Christmas – This album recorded in 1960 includes some of the most popular Christmas songs sung by a true jazz legend. This album is a must for any music lover.
- Vince Guaraldi Trio – A Charlie Brown Christmas – What is Christmas without Charlie Brown. The music from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special brings back the memories of Christmas as a child.
- Oscar Peterson – An Oscar Peterson Christmas –Recorded in 1995, Petersen has worked his magic on some Christmas classics. This is not only a great Christmas album but a great jazz album too.
- Louis Armstrong – Christmas Through The Years – An album which features some Satchmo classics. A great album to play with friends and family.
- Various – Very Best Of Christmas Jazz – A compilation album that features many Christmas jazz classics and features artist such as John Coltrane, Count Basie, Ramsey Lewis and many more. This is certainly the pick of compilation albums.
You can find and purchase all these albums at the new Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues Store on Amazon. Click here to find a selection of Christmas albums and the albums of some of the 2010 WIJBF performers
The MusicNL/FACTOR Christmas Soiree, Monday, December 20th 7:30pm – 11:30pm The Ship Pub – 265 Duckworth StreetDecember 13, 2010
Please join the MusicNL crew for our first MusicNL/FACTOR Christmas Soiree!
As many of you know we have been holding the weekly MusicNL/FACTOR open mic at the Ship for the last few months. We decided to hold our first Christmas party in conjunction with the open mic. There is no cover and there will be snackables and Christmas cheer. This is also not an exclusive to MusicNL event. All are welcome!
Thanks to our sponsors Molson/Coors Brewing Company and FACTOR!
Also BIG thanks to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador for their continued support.
If you have Christmas albums, EPs or singles, drop a line to Denielle Han at email@example.com. She would love to consider your music for the month of December. They are also still looking to extend their regular season’s library. If you haven’t sent your music yet, send it along. They love to hear it!
Also, be sure to send along any upcoming shows and regular gigs that you’d like to have covered on Avalon After Dark to firstname.lastname@example.org.