Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues Looking to Fill Seats on Board of DirectorsOctober 20, 2010
As Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues moves into its 10th year of operation, it is looking to fill vacant seats on its board of directors. Making the commitment to be a board member takes dedication, but it is so very rewarding as the board of directors is the guiding force behind the perpetuation and appreciation for Jazz, Blues and World music in Newfoundland. WJB is looking to recruit up to four new board members. Several will be general directors but WJB is also looking for two people capable of fulfilling specific positions including:
- Secretary: manages the minutes of the BOD meetings; responsible for ensuring effective management of the organization’s records and legal documents.
- Vice-President: acts as president in his or her absence; reports to and works closely with the President to assist with ensuring the organization is achieving its mission and objectives.
WJB is looking to recruit the very best and the brightest members in the St. John’s community. Artists, Educators, Administrators and all others who have a strong belief in the mission and vision of Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues are strongly encouraged to apply.
The following criteria will be used when evaluating nominations:
- Community: applicants should have a strong track record of successfully collaborating with, enabling others and earning the respect of the community.
- Character: applicants should have proven themselves a person of high character, with a history of acting honestly, fairly and openly when in leadership roles.
- Experience and Expertise: if the applicant is being proposed for a specific role, they should have strong experience and expertise in that area.
- Success: applicants should be able to point to a history of success and leaving previous roles in a better state than when they arrived.
- Diversity: having a variety of social and cultural identities represented on the board is important in ensuring WJB provides members of the St. John’s community with diverse programming and initiatives.
Interested applicants may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter identifying areas of interest and at least two references to:
President, Board of Directors
Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues