WJB IS HIRING, JOIN OUR TEAM: Marketing & Operations ManagerSeptember 27, 2010
Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues is seeking a dynamic and skilled individual to fill the role of Marketing & Operations Manager as the organization moves into its 10th year in 2011! This position is a leadership role that requires a motivated, independent, and out-going individual with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as well as the ability to work under pressure. See the full job description below for more details.
MARKETING & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues (WJB) is seeking a full‐time, permanent employee to fill the role of Marketing & Operations Manager in St. John’s Newfoundland.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Operations Manager will be responsible for the administration of Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues, including marketing, public relations, government/agency relations, contract negotiations, and volunteer management.
- Oversee office management and administrative functions: maintenance of accounts payable/receivable, expense claims management, monitoring of main phone line, general data entry, purchasing;
- Develop and distribute WJB marketing and communication plans and materials: media releases, letters, invitations, website content, social media and other marketing initiatives;
- Manage support personnel: delegation of tasks, follow‐up, status reports, time sheets, leave approval, disciplinary action, conflict resolution;
- Volunteer program management: recruiting efforts, volunteer screening, orientation/training, scheduling and retention efforts;
- Assist Executive Director with the coordination of fundraising activities, grant applications, and corporate sponsorship proposals as required;
- Develop and implement WJB Membership Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in an appropriate field: Commerce, Communications, or Arts Management;
- Experience in marketing special events, particularly artistic or cultural activities would be an asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure;
- Experience with Microsoft Office;
- Self‐motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Must be able to work flexible hours;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Experience with Simply Accounting would be an asset;
- Experience with design software would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience would be considered.
Please send resumes to the attention of
Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues
90 O’Leary Avenue, Suite 203
St. John’s, NL A1B 2C7
For more information please contact:
Liz Dunbar at 709-739-7734
Posted in Items of Interest, Jobs, Press Releases | Tagged Bachelor's degree, Employment, Information Technology, jazz, Management, Marketing and Advertising, Newfoundland, Newfoundland & Labrador, newfoundland and labrador, social media, St John’s, Wreckhouse, Wreckhouse international Jazz & Blues Festival, Wreckhouse International Jazz and blues Festival, Wreckhouse Jazz & Blues, Wreckhouse jazz and blues |